Anthony Henday Drive is the Edmonton Ring Road. The delivery of the Southeast Leg, AIT’s first P3 project assigned, was to ease traffic congestion in south Edmonton. The highway included:
- 11 km in total length from Highway #2 to Highway #14/216,
- six lanes between Highway #2 and 50th Street and four lanes between 50th Street and Highway #216/14,
- 20 separate bridge structures,
- full freeway status (no traffic lights),
- five interchanges offering access on or off the highway at Gateway Blvd/Calgary Trail (Highway #2), 91st Street, 50th Street, 17th Street and Highway #14/216, and
- four flyovers (bridges over/under the highway with no on or off ramps) located at 34 Street, 66th Street, 34th Avenue and Parsons Road.
Scope of Services:
- Advised AIT during the development stage of the project,
- Assisted with the preparation of contract documents and procurement procedures.
Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation (AIT)
Dates of Assignment: