Artist’s sketch of the future South Fraser Perimeter Road.
The project is a 35 km, 4-lane industrial expressway along the south shore of the Fraser River that will link the Roberts Bank Port terminals to BC Highway #15 and the USA border. The primary function is to provide improved mobility for commercial vehicles with a secondary purpose to capture commuter traffic. The $800 million project includes new roadways, interchanges, major intersections, bridges, and extensive use of retaining walls.
Scope of Services:
Proponent qualification and technical submission services to the winning Fraser Transportation Group
- Advised and assisted in the formation of a concessionaire and design build team which became the Fraser Transportation Group,
- Managed the interface between the engineering designconsultants and the construction Joint Venture team,
- Provided direction to design decisions taken by the constructors,
- Reviewed the product of the designers to assist in enhancing the designs for constructability and cost and to monitor compliance with RFP documents,
- Coordinated the submission for the technical proposal,
- Coordinated schedules, proposal plan, and technical strategies,
- Prepared and coordinated the operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation submission,
- Provided ongoing technical services during contract negotiations.
Dragados Canada / ACS Canada
Principal companies involved:
- Bel Constructors
Metro Vancouver, BC
Public Private Partnership (design-build-finance-operate)
Dates of Assignment: