(Montreal Southern Bypass)
This $2 billion public-private partnership involved the construction of 42 km of 6-lane toll highway and 2 major bridges across the St Lawrence River and Seaway. The operation, maintenance, and rehabilitation (OMR) includes 50 km of arterial roads on the south shore of the St. Lawrence. The highway will provide a direct commercial route to the USA border and eastern Quebec.
Scope of Services:
CJI Undertook two assignments on this major project:
- P3 Advisers and Developers of project scope and procurement for the Federal Government.
- Undertook, for the Federal Bridge Corporation, preliminary assessments during the project development phase which included feasibility, scoping, and procurement strategies,
- Prepared a business case to support advancement of the project as a public private partnership to be undertaken by the Province of Quebec,
- Preparers of the operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation (OMR) proposal for the winning consortium (ACS-Acciona) who are building and operating the new highway.
- Provided OMR planning and submission services to the concessionaire team of ACS and Acciona during the RFP phase for what became the winning proposal.
Federal Government / ACS Group
Public Private Partnership (design-build-finance-operate-maintain-rehabilitate)
Dates of Assignment:
2002-2003: Project Development for Federal Government
2007-2008: OMR plan and submission for Dragados Canada