The overall project involves upgrading to 4-lanes 50 km of the TransCanada Highway in five sections between Golden and Yoho Park through the Kicking Horse Canyon. CJI assisted ABM AMRO with lender’s services for the 10 km construction section (section 4) of the Highway that runs adjacent to the Kicking Horse River and the CPR mainline, and involves a 500 m high-level bridge crossing of the river. CJI also assisted Dragados with the design-build RFP submission for the 5 km Golden Hill section (section 1). The area is characterized by loose outcrops of calcareous dolomites and shales that overlie the very steep slopes of the Rocky Mountain Range. The canyon is known to experience adverse winter snow conditions and winter storm closures.
Scope of Services:
- Provided lender’s technical advisory services for the Plenary Group, who were financing a proponent on this $130 million project,
- Reviewed the operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation requirements, and technical submission for the RFP,
- Provided overall project advice for the group,
- Advised on risks and penalty provisions,
- In 2009, managed a design-build for Dragados Canada for Section 1 of the project, a 5 km section east of Golden, BC, through extremely steep and unstable side slopes.
ABN AMRO & Dragados
Dates of Assignment:
2006-2007: LTA for Plenary Group
2009: Construction Bid services for Dragados Canada